Bristol Is Open: Operations and Development Manager
Bristol Is Open (BIO) is an exciting, highly visible tech company that has quickly developed an enviable global reputation. It is a joint venture between Bristol City Council and the University of Bristol and has already won global awards for innovation.
To help the next phase of growth the organisation has created the new role of Operations & Development Manager.
You will be joining a small team, where every member of staff has a lot to do and will be expected to work both independently and as part of a team. You will also be reporting directly to the CEO.
This role is expected to evolve to take on the running of a small business operations team in the future.
The purpose of the job is to ensure the operational environment complements the delivery of services to clients as well as identifying and developing bidding opportunities. You will be responsible for the smooth running of corporate operational systems in BIO while also identifying external opportunities to grow the business.
Key job responsibilities
- To build and maintain policy schedule and reporting ensuring that this activity supports and complements business activities.
- To utilise performance systems, getting the best out of internal resources.
- To identify and develop bidding opportunities.
- Provide support to the wider ecosystem within BIO developing bids and proposals.
- To ensure a smooth efficient service that meets or exceeds expectations of customers both internal and external.
- To have end to end understanding of all processes ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- To maintain contracts, liaising with legal resource where appropriate.
- To use technology to build up knowledge within the organisation.
- Exceptional stakeholder management.
- Strong organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Knowledge of policy, process and procedure creation and improvement.
- Ability to process complex information quickly and efficiently.
- Content to work with ambiguity and make things happen.
- Advanced communication skills, comfortable using a variety of mediums.
- Planning and proposal writing skills using commercial skills.
- High level of computer literacy and ability to learn to use new programs quickly.
- Strong educational background and/or relevant experience.
Please send a copy of your resume, with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org