Bristol Is Open: Programme Support Officer
Bristol Is Open is an exciting, highly visible start-up, where every member of staff has a lot to do, and has to work independently and as part of a team. We are looking for an experienced Programme Support Officer who will work as part of the technical delivery team, providing support to the Platform Delivery Director and wider Programme Management Office, reporting to the Technical Project Manager.
Key job responsibilities
The core responsibilities of the role are to provide programme support to the BIO Programme Management Office:
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout a projects lifecycle.
- Assist the Technical Project Manager and Platform Delivery Director in the production and maintenance of project plans.
- Co-ordinate agenda items for the Programme Management Office meetings producing professional documents including agendas, reports and minutes.
- Develop and maintain the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Maintain systems for recording project costs.
- Define and document procedures in accordance with agreed methodology.
- Advise and assist project team members in the application of project procedures, disciplines and recording and reporting standards.
- Maintain risk and issue logs and change control records.
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams.
- Provide administrative support to the Platform Delivery Director, including diary management.
- Undertake any other administrative tasks as specified by the Technical Project Manager.
- Career progression potential to manage own small projects in time.
- A high degree of computer literacy including Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new programs quickly.
- Knowledge and experience of a formal project management methodology.
- Ability to analyse and present information.
- Exceptional client facing and internal communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
£20,000 – £25,000 depending on experience.
Please send a copy of your resume, with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org