Bristol Is Open: Project Manager
This is a new position for an experienced Project Manager, reporting to the Technical Project Manager, to work on the deployments to the Bristol Is Open infrastructure and platform for experimentations.
Bristol Is Open platform, which leverages on an R&D testbed infrastructure, underpins the aspiration for contiguous ultrafast connectivity, providing the digital infrastructure needed for the economy and helping Bristol to realise its full economic potential. Successful planning of deployments will be critical to achieving the prime objective: economic growth and job creation for Bristol.
You will join an expanding project team working on innovative technology with a chance to use your planning and communication skills. This is a superb career opportunity to join a genuine world class systems engineering team, interfacing with High Performance Networks, Radio Systems and Wireless Communication Systems groups at the University of Bristol Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
BIO is looking for a bright and committed Project Manager to join the BIO Engineering Team to contribute to the projects and experiments running in Bristol. The Project Manager will work on all the aspects associated to running experiments and projects that use BIO’s infrastructure.
She/he will work very closely with the Technical Project Manager and the Programme Support Officer. She/he will also participate in the R&D projects where BIO is involved, including European H2020 projects and international customers projects.
Job Requirements: Essential
- Educated to Degree level
- Hands on project management experience (agile and waterfall)
- Business skills, management, budgeting, analysis, risk assessments and reporting
- Manage changes in project scope, schedules and costs
- Manage relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Coordinating resource allocation
- Understanding of IT technologies
- Report and escalate to management as needed
Candidate Requirements: Desirable
- Project management qualification Prince II, PMP
- Familiar with Microsoft project
- Experience of European projects
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in and for the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to learn quickly
- Ability to work to deadlines while demonstrating a track record for innovation and creativity
Up to £35,000 with a defined pension contribution of 8%
Any applications with resume please send to email@example.com.