Would you like to share your experiences of commuting into Bristol?
We are doing a small research project for Bristol is Open to understand people’s commuting experiences.
Do you commute into Bristol most mornings?
If you meet the following criteria, we would love to hear from you:
- You travel into Bristol city centre for work between 8-9 am.
- You travel in by train from Bath, or by bus or car from these Bristol suburbs: Clifton, Knowle, Bedminster, or Bishopston (via Gloucester Rd).
- Your journey length is between 30-60 minutes door to door.
- You have onward travel into the city (for example, you get off the train and have to walk or take a bus to get to work or have to walk from your bus stop to your workplace).
We’re not looking at cycling because we will be travelling with you (it’s very hard to interview someone and cycle alongside them at the same time). People who work for Bristol is Open or Bristol City Council are also excluded (sorry).
What is involved?
We would like to:
- accompany you on your journey one morning during March 2019, and
- ask you questions about your commute as we travel with you.
What should I do if I want to be involved?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Call or text us on 07376 266459.
What happens next?
After you contact us, we will get in touch and provide you with an information sheet. This document explains in more detail the aims of the project, the data we’re collecting, what we do with it, and so on. You can decide whether you want to participate and even when you agree, you can still opt out at any time.
Mundy and Anson Ltd is a specialist research agency based in Bristol. You can find out more about us here. The principal researcher on this project is Dawn Walter, assisted by Josh Greenidge, a Bristol University intern.